2012 | Six-point plan from SC resolution 2042
The Annexed document to the Security Council resolution 2042 contains a six-point proposal of the joint special envoy of the United Nations and the League of Arab States.
· Bound to cooperate with the Envoy in an inclusive Syrian-led political process to address the legitimate aspirations and concerns of the Syrian people,
· pledge to stop the fighting and achieve urgently an effective United Nations supervised cease fire by all parties to protect civilians and stabilize the country,
· guarantee timely provision of humanitarian aid to all areas affected by the fighting, to agree and implement daily two hour humanitarian pause,
· boost the pace and scale of release of arbitrarily detained persons in particular, vulnerable categories of persons, and persons involved in peaceful political activities, provide a list of all detention places,
· guarantee the freedom of movement throughout the country for journalists,
· respect freedom of association, right to demonstrate peacefully.